Thursday 20 October 2016

Kintsukoroi - Golden Repair

Dear Reader,

Have you ever heard about Kintsugi? Meaning is "golden joinery". Kintsukoroi is "golden repair". This is a Japanese art, repairing a broken pottery.


As a philosophy, kintsugi can be seen to have similarities to the Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi, an embracing of the flawed or imperfect.  (Wikipedia)

I think they are beautiful.

All item from my Ceramic Board.


I think they are gorgeous!

Have a great day and keep safe!
Ildi

12 comments:

  1. I think they are more special after their repairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of Japanese traditions and arts. I know Kintsugi and I love that there is a philosophy behind that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only i knew how to do this!
    I break almost a plate or a mug every week! ;-)
    It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it!! esculture in last image is also in my pinterest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look lovely! I wish some of my pottery needed repair this way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea and the end results too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea and your works! They are always so delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never saw this kind of works before. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I think these are gorgeous! Love your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I always thought the gold was intentional, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thanks for sharing I didn't knew about this technique-but I very much like it, let the golden cracks come to meee :D

    ReplyDelete